Teerth Darshan Yojana: State Government of Haryana has started the ‘Teerth Darshan Yojana’ (TDY) for providing the benefits to the senior citizens of the state. The Tourism Minister, Ram Bilas Sharma has prepared this scheme. This scheme includes the people who are above 60 years.
- Under this scheme, the Haryana Government will provide the benefits of Rs 1 Lakh to the senior citizens of the state.
- Any citizen of above 60 years age of any religion can take the benefits of the scheme.
- Minister said that families belong to BPL or non-BPL category will have to give only 30% cost of the expense of travel rest 70% will be given by the state government of Haryana. The expense of Teerth Darshan Yojana will be bear by tourist ministry of the state.
- This scheme is being run for the poor people who are unable to go to holy places and monuments due to lack of money.
- Under this scheme, the state government of Haryana will provide the offer to travel to 250 people at one time. The state government will provide the benefit to 1 Lakh senior citizen of the state.